Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Did, call me crazy!!

Well how fun is a swap, a primitive porch swap actually. I got my package and wouldn't let myself open it until I got my package in the mail.
So I was going out of town to help a friend search for a summer home for her daughter in Eugene. She was delayed so I took pictures in the front yard and garden of my creation. Put it all in a box with the camera on top and packed my car. Drove myself to Sandy's home and off we went to Eugene.
I wanted one more item for the package and didn't find it in Bend. so I left the box open!!
So we had fun looking all over Eugene, around the U of O. Home of the Oregon Ducks! Where Sandy's darling daughter will be taking 21 credits this summer for her degree!!!!!
We made a stop at a store on campus I knew would have what I was looking for, and I also knew Sandy would love Hiron's Drugs. Full of curio fun cute stuff, drug store with a convenient mailing station in it. ( I should have got my camera and taken pictures, afterthought).
I found what I was looking for and some Thera-tears, grass pollens were through the roof in Eugene. So I went to the car got my package ready and mailed it off with my delivery confirmation. OK!! Feeling very good now!!!
Fast forward to today........ I opened my package last night, fun cute stuff can't wait to decorate my porch tomorrow and take pictures for this blog..........
Well.........where is my crazy camera?

Can't find it anywhere....not in my purse......or my overnight bag...pick-up......Sandy's minivan....

OMG......I think the last time I had it was taking pictures of my swap gift!!!! Yes......I mailed it to my swap partner in Ohio!!!! LOL...........
I can not believe it, well yes I can....its me!!! My husband came home today and I told him....yeah he got a chuckle.... YOU DID?!!!
Soooo.......I will send pictures of my swap and a wonderful prize I won too. It is the cutest little stitchery and I am so sad I didn't download that picture before I sent my camera to Ohio!! LOl...

Well, I have decorated my front porch area Cindy and I love everything. DH approves and gave a cute smile.......ya know the one!!! Humoring my past times with the blog and all!!!
He better smile, while he's been bringing home the bacon I have been doing his chores!!!
LOL......actually my youngest son owes me big time so I have him doing the chores......love that part!

So please humor me while this menopausal crazy blogger has no pictures to share of her first swap.... I know I will soon. At least I hope that camera went to Ohio....Oh I am not going to even think I totally lost it.

Have a great weekend, I am going to watch a movie with my DH and catch up!!

Crazy in Bend!

15 comments:

Mel said...

That is seriously the funniest thing I've ever read!! I can see myself doing the same thing!!

I'm so glad you shared that morsel with us, you have a great sense of humor!!

Can't wait to see the pics!

Carol said...

OMG that is hysterical...sure sounds like something I'd do...all we can do is laugh at ourselves.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Count me in too, I definitly would have done the same thing:)
Rondell

Karen said...

That's a story to be remembered! How funny! I donated some items many years ago in a Goodwill box by a grocery store. I discovered later in the day, that I had thrown my wallet in too. I had to call Goodwill and let them know. I got it back okay.

Nadine said...

Welcome to my world!

Stina Blomgren said...

OH NO:::YOU DID!!!!! ...LOL....
But I sure could have done it too.. but still havent...lol...

Kaaren said...

Too funny, Carrie. Gee, maybe your swap partner will think it's one of her swap gifts. (wink)

Can't wait to see the pics...although it might be a little while from now, huh?

Carrie P. said...

Oh my your swap partner will think you really like her a whole lot to send a camera too. LOL

Candace said...

You're going to have one very surprised swap partner, Carrie!! OK - we'll give you a break on this one (only because I can definitely see myself doing the same thing - LOL!)
Cheers!

Picket said...

Oh my word! lol That sounds like me! If I was the one receiving the package..I send you a note thanking you for the fantastic camera and the great pics that came with it! lol lol oh sorry...couldn't help myself!

Happy belated birthday to you sweetie...thanks so much for coming by and I do hope you get your camera back..Have a great week!

Judy S. said...

Gosh, Carrie, that IS funny. I'll bet your swap partner was surprised, and I hope she'll return it quickly!

Karen said...

OMG Carrie - I haven't done that exactly but I can sooooooo relate and totally understand, really I can on how that can happen. What a hoot. I bet your glad your swap partner didn't live overseas, that might have taken a bit longer, lol.

Can't wait to see the pics. You know I'm going to love what you sent her since I have the pattern, lol.

Hugs - Karen

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Oh no you didn't?!! What a bummer...Can't wait to see pictures of the swap when you get your camera. :)

Miss Jean said...

Thanks for stopping by my bog today! We love Oregon and Bend is one of the towns we want to go re-visit.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,
I've been so busy that I haven't had time until now to catch up on everyone's blog.
I even laugh when I read this post and I know that the camera might be on it's way to me.
I'm so glad that you like your gifts from the swap and I can't wait to see the pictures.
hugs,
Cindy