Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quilting the Wedding Quilt

I am pleased with how the wedding quilt came together,  the pattern is really a simple one.   

I had to purchase the backing fabric, none of my pieces were big enough and there wasn’t a chance to find more in stock.

So I am going to do the quilting myself.     The border and hearts will be the easy part.  The background I will do an all over pattern kind of like a loopy lasso.     I have a way of working myself into corners and getting lost with all the concentrating.   I really   appreciate the talent of long arm quilters,  there work makes it look so easy.

If you have any suggestions please do comment,   I am certainly open here.

 IMG_1330

The blackbirds were feasting on one of my sunflowers the other day.   I really got tickled over there positions to get the seeds.   Upside down and everything.

IMG_1296

IMG_1301

I was so lucky to win a wonderful prim giveaway.     I will post  my pictures tomorrow.      Friday  I am going to participate in the recipe sharing.   My favorite apple cake, its so delicious.  

Its officially Fall, but it was 96 degrees today.     I am thankful the temperature cools off in the evening.      We have a couple fires here in Oregon and these temperatures are not helping get them under control.   The winds brought the smoke in tonight and it made it dark even earlier.     

Fall Blessings,

Carrie

11 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Carrie,


The quilt is gorgeous and the pictures of the birds is fascinating!!

I hope it cools down and the fires stay away!! Scary!! Stay safe!!

Lori said...

The quilt is really nice. The size loks manageable for home quilting too. Before quilting the background make a plan of the direction you will move. It looks like you could do circle eights around them and keep it continuous.
I decorated for fall but it sure has been warm! As long as it cools down at night the heat during the day doesn't seem quite as intense.

Kelli said...

Carrie - The quilt turned out great! Did you design it yourself? I'm sure the newlyweds will be tickled pink!

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
I love the quilt. I still have the one you made me hanging out...doesn't really match my fall stuff, but I just can't bring myself to put it away yet.
Hope the fires don't get too close to where you are and that you stay safe.
~Cindy~

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

My wedding quilt is a pattern by Terri Staats, named My Love. I purchased it at a lqs, Sew Many Quilts, which was featured spring 2007 in Quilt Sampler.

Kaaren said...

Love the quilt, Carrie.

Now isn't that picture of the crows and sunflowerd just typical Fall? You captured the essence perfectly.

Libby said...

Chew gum - nice big wad of tasty pink bubble gum. It really helps take your mind off the quilting. You cannot be tense when you are chewing gum. Have fun *s*

Judy S. said...

Love the wedding quilt, Carrie. It's perfect! Hope by now those fires are under control. Take care.

Carrie P. said...

I love your version of the heart quilt. We have gold finches that love to get the sunflower seeds.

Candace said...

Now that's a pretty unique wedding quilt - love it, Bonnie! Your ideas for quilting it sound great!
Cheers!

Kim said...

I forgot to plant sunflowers this year and just now realized that. Nice that at least you are feeding the birds! Sounds like you have a good plan for quilting the wedding quilt. Remember the bubble gum, lol, what a good idea. :) Hope things are progressing well.