Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It's time to....

It's time to catch up and keep up for sure!!!   Right?   You would think this was difficult, challenging yes but not difficult.

Sooooo this year has past the first quarter already!!  Amazing!
I am very happy to see this nice spring weather for sure, not that we had a real winter.  But the days were short and the nights cold.  I just call it the un-winter of 2014.  That is in the west anyway, I know the eastern half of our great country had the opposite. 
So what I did this winter was help my mother move out of her home, preparing to put it on the market this spring.   It was bittersweet for sure since Dad and Mom built this home and developed the land from scratch.  It is an amazing place,  30 acres of woods, wildlife including elk, deer, bear, turkeys.  Chantrelle mushrooms, lady slippers, and many other wild flowers.  A pond all the grandkids caught salamanders in and floated hand-made sail boats.
I would ask mom if she was feeling any regret each time I was there and she said No Way!!   When you know you are doing the right thing there is Peace!   Very worth noting and remembering!
Late January we moved mom into her temporary home in Eugene.  She loves it and will thrive there.   Thriving is what I believe we are meant to do, not just be!!

I did some quilting on some projects that I made before my days at Subway.  I love this wallhanging I did with Farmhouse Woolens.


A couple of Woolie mats, this Bunny is a Buttermilk Basin that I finished for Easter.


This second is a Primitive Gatherings kit I have had for some time and love having it finished.


So this is my April catch up in June!! :)     Next up my fun May birthday trip!   

Spring Blessings, 
Carrie


5 comments:

Michelle said...

You've been busy for sure!

Karen said...

The Farmhouse Woolens piece is wonderful!

paulette said...

I am so happy that your mom is happy in her new surroundings!! Peace of mind for you too! Love all of your projects!! They are just wonderful!
P

Lori said...

Sometimes I think it is harder for us to see our childhood home sell, than it is our parents. It sounds like a wonderful place that I'm sure holds many fun memories.
Love your projects!!

Unknown said...

Hey – great blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a really nice platform you are using. I’m currently using WordPress for a few of my blogs but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Gassed Mercerized Yarn