Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

We are smack dab in the middle of the Holiday season so I better get posting something.....right?   Thank you to my blog friends that nudge me along,  I appreciate all the wonderful friends in blogland.   I have decided that when we travel,  meeting up with bloggers is at the top of my list.  We are planning some fun adventures in the next couple years so Mr. Cricketwood is on-board with meeting up too!   I  love that!!

This favorite quilt is off to the quilters and I am so excited about this....

I will get it back in the middle of the month and sew on the binding,  so excited to hang it this year!  This is a quilt from a Need'l love book,  I started it so many years ago and have redone the applique and wools pieces so many times, so thankful to have it finished...almost!

I spent the Thanksgiving Holiday at my mothers home.  She is selling her home of 30plus years, which is a 30 acre tree farm as well.  Whew!  What a job packing your life up at 84.  My mom is amazing, it has been  seven years since my dad passed and she is ready to be in town and have neighbors.   We packed, met with a perspective realtor, shopped and had a fabulous 5 days together.
My daughter came for dinner and brought us gorgeous Poinsettias...

Mine is pictured in one of the crocks mom gave me.  I am so far behind on getting down the pumpkins and decorating for Christmas.  I will be doing some cleaning/decorating this week along with my month-end bookkeeping!    

God bless you in all your Holiday preperations and parties,  I will be back soon with some fun quilty highlights from the long no-post year!!!   :))

Primitive Blessings,
Carrie

5 comments:

Carrie P. said...

love your quilt.
hope all goes well with the sale of your mom's house. that must be very hard for her after being there so long.

Michelle said...

Yay...glad to hear things are moving along.

Lori said...

Glad to hear form you. Seems like your mom is doing really well- that is so reassuring.
Love your quilt!

Karen said...

The poinsettia wall hanging is oh so nice. Perfect for Christmas display. Prim good!

Unknown said...

Hey – great blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a really nice platform you are using. I’m currently using WordPress for a few of my blogs but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Core Spun Yarn